FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of LDS doctrine, belief and practice.
Joseph Smith/Polygamy/Whitney letter/CriticalSources
< Joseph Smith | Polygamy | Whitney letter(Redirected from Joseph Smith/Polygamy/"Love letters"/CriticalSources)
Source(s) of the criticism
- Richard Abanes, One Nation Under Gods: A History of the Mormon Church (New York: Four Walls Eight Windows, 2003), 282, 572n8 (PB) ( Index of claims ) (Citing G.D. Smith)
- Todd Compton, In Sacred Loneliness: The Plural Wives of Joseph Smith (Salt Lake City: Signature Books, 1997), 349-350. ( Index of claims ) (this treatment is responsible)
- MormonThink.com website (as of 28 April 2012). Page: http://mormonthink.com/joseph-smith-polygamy.htm
- George D. Smith, Nauvoo Polygamy: "...but we called it celestial marriage" (Salt Lake City: Signature Books, 2008), ix-x, 53-54, 65, 142, 144, 185, 236, 366. ( Index of claims , (Detailed book review))
- George D. Smith, “Nauvoo Polygamy: We Called It Celestial Marriage,” Free Inquiry [Council for Secular Humanism] 28/3 (April–May 2008): 44–46.
- Richard S. Van Wagoner, Mormon Polygamy: A History (Salt Lake City: Signature Books, 1989), 48.
- ’’Rethinking Mormonism’’, “Did Joseph Smith have sex with his wives?” (Web page)