Note: This is a review of claims and/or responses to misrepresentations of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints found in this work. The inclusion of an author's work here does not imply that he or she is "anti-Mormon," or that none of his or her works have value. Those who do not wish to examine the claims contained in what some would consider an "anti-Mormon" work are advised to proceed no further.
FAIR Wiki articles
These wiki articles address claims made by this author.
- First Vision accounts (Summary and index page)
- Religious revivals in 1820
- Early Smith family history
- Joseph Smith did not know if God existed in 1823
- Joseph Smith joined other churches
- Claims about the 1832 First Vision account
- Only one Deity appears in the 1832 account
- 1832 account doesn't mention new dispensation
- 1832 account doesn't mention a revival
- 1832 account doesn't forbid joining a church
- 1832 account doesn't mention persecution
- Motivation in 1832 account is different
- Different age provided in the 1832 text
- Claims about other members and the First Vision
- George Q. Cannon referred to "angels"
- Oliver Cowdery not aware of First Vision in 1834-35
- Orson Hyde referred to "angels"
- Andrew Jenson called personage an "angel"
- Heber C. Kimball denied the Father appeared
- Orson Pratt confused about "angel" or Father-Son
- George A. Smith said First Vision was an "angel"
- Lucy Mack Smith claimed "angel"?
- John Taylor's understanding of the First Vision
- Wilford Woodruff spoke of an "angel"
- Brigham Young said the Lord didn't appear
- Brigham Young never mentioned the First Vision
- Seldom mentioned in LDS publications before 1877
- Michael G. Reed, "Abanes's Revised History (Review of: One Nation Under Gods: A History of the Mormon Church)," FARMS Review 16/1 (2004): 99–110. off-site PDF link
- Craig L. Foster, "Doing Violence to Journalistic Integrity (Review of: "Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of a Violent Faith by Jon Krakauer)," FARMS Review 16/1 (2004): 149–174. off-site PDF link
- Richard Abanes
- One Nation Under Gods — (Index of claims)
- Becoming Gods: A Closer Look at 21st-Century Mormonism — (Index of claims)
- Inside Today's Mormonism (2007 re-issue of Becoming Gods)
- Will Bagley
- Fawn McKay Brodie
- Todd Compton
- Ed Decker
- Sally Denton
- Dan Erickson
- Norman L. Geisler
- Hurlbut-Howe affidavits
- Ronald V. Huggins
- Jon Krakauer
- Charles Larson
- Walter Martin
- McKeever & Johnson
- Rodney L. Meldrum
- Brent L. Metcalfe
- Christopher Nemelka
- Linda King Newell and Valeen Tippetts Avery
- Richard N. Ostling and Joan K. Ostling
- Grant Palmer
- Bruce H. Porter
- B.H. Roberts
- D. Michael Quinn
- Early Mormonism and the Magic World View — (Index of claims)
- "LDS Church Authority and New Plural Marriages, 1890–1904"
- The Mormon Hierarchy: Origins of Power
- The Mormon Hierarchy: Extensions of Power — (Index of claims)
- Same-Sex Dynamics Among Nineteenth-Century Americans: A Mormon Example — (Index of claims)
- George D. Smith
- Carol Whang Shutter
- September Dawn (film)
- Simon G. Southerton
- Jerald and Sandra Tanner